Alexia's note for today:

Alexia says:

Whoo Hoo Cowboys in Texas! not the football cowboys, the real ones





Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Yearly Goals

First of all, thank you for all the birthday wishes last week. I had a good birthday and was touched by all of the cards and wishes. I have truly great family and friends and I am so blessed.

So many of you that know me know that I DO NOT LIKE to set New Years goals. Nobody ever seems to keep their New Years goals. I do, however, like to set a goal ever year around my birthday. I was not going to do that this year, but I realized that I do have 2 goals that I want to accomplish before the BIG 3-0!
1. Get to a healthy BMI. I have set goals in the past to loos weight or conform to a "certain size" and all that has taught me is that my body does not get to a "certain size". This year I want to have a healthy BMI. I am going walking more including walking during my lunch break every day for 30 minutes (I usually read of talk with friends, but maybe I can encourage some of the ladies in the surrounding offices to walk with me. Hint, hint) I am also going to be more conscientious about what I eat.
2. Read Jesus the Christ by James E. Talmage. If any of you have read this I commend you. I have been working on it for 2 weeks now and have finished 20 whole pages! Yeah Me! (The advise to keep scriptures and a dictionary nearby was great advise. Thank you to everyone who mentioned that.)
Those are my goals. Ask me how I am doing!

For those of you who read the blog for pictures of Alexia (and I know your out there, so don't try to fake it), here you go:







No comments: