Alexia's note for today:

Alexia says:

Whoo Hoo Cowboys in Texas! not the football cowboys, the real ones





Sunday, July 27, 2008

Long Time

OK. I know it has been like half the summer since I posted. What can I say, it's been a long summer. I did not anticipate being busy every time I had any time to spare. We have had several fun filled weekends. We have been to several movies. On the 19Th we went to the Children's Museum in the mall and I don't know who had more fum, Alexia or Jared. They put in a puppet show that had everyone laughing. One couple enjoyed it so much that when they left they told others to come in a watch because it was that good. They also liked to race cars, golf balls, and run around the dinosaur exhibit. .




Yesterday I took Alexia and her friend Ava to the rec center to swim. Alexi has been scared of the water slides since we moved in last year (not that they are that big) and yesterday she conquered her fear. Then went down the two slides for the next 4 hours. It was a blast and I think it was more fun with a friend then with boring old mom. I, of course, got a sunburn, again! On a sadder note, Wilbur the pig died. (He is the big fat one in all the pictures) Alexia was very sad by that and told everyone not to eat pig for a few days (I think she thought that Chris and Kathleen would use him for meat and she did not want anyone to eat him, but I assured her that the don't eat meat and the buried him)






2 comments:

Jenn S said...

How fun! I am so proud of her for going down the slides! She is getting so big! Glad you guys are here....

Hillary said...

So glad you found my blog. Josh really enjoyed Alexia in his class too and wishes he were back in Iowa, as do we all! Josh said (in his shy little voice and face) "Mom, tell her to tell Alexia Hi."